Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
three short reports as one PDF file or alternatively as one Word (or similar) file.
project described in the Assignment 1 scenario is now in the construction phase and the contracts for the project are:
• Access roads and associated infrastructure – NEC4 ECC Option C with secondary options X6, X7, X12, X16. The contract also contains key dates regarding access for the commencement of the warehouse and office construction.
• Warehouses – NEC4 ECC Option D with secondary options X5, X6, X7, X8, X12, X16, X17, X21.
• Office building– JCT SBC AQ.
Your company is providing the contract administrators for all three contracts, under a separate NEC4 Professional services contract.
The following events take place during the construction phase:
1. Unseasonably wet weather delays the access road construction, which in turn affects the commencement of the warehouses and office.
2. The supply of fabricated steel for the office building is delayed by 12 weeks.
A general project timeline is shown in the appendix.
Write separate, and current, reports for the two events, in which you analyse the possible effects that the event will have on the delivery of the project.
Write a third report, after the events, to critically analyse the cost reporting and forecasting implications of these events together with an appraisal of the effect on the client’s financial accounting for the project.
Each report has equal word count.
You should include a reference list with a minimum of 12 separate relevant and appropriate sources that you have written about and cited within your work.